Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday geekery: Best free anti-virus/anti-malware program for Windows [3rd Edition] | Freeware Reviews | dotTech

Media_httpdottechorgw_xcdxn

Ask a simple question, get a freaky big chart...
Now that I've crossed over to the dark side and am computing on a PC (or WAS I on the dark side?...) I asked my brother Hin, a network admin in Toronto, about anti-virus software. He sent me this handy-dandy article with charts and numbers to gloss over.

There's an anchored link to Final Verdict and I totally skipped to that.
Wouldn't you?

Anyway, thought this post might help anyone who's faced with this (computer) life-threatening dilemma that's solve-able in a freebie way.

Incidentally, my brother went with Avira and AVG.
I've installed Avira and nothing else. So far no whammies.
Great that they all start with "av" so those of us who remember things by first letters can be that much more confused.

No comments: