Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Pancake Day! Only one show in town?...

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCYQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2F... is the big clunky link to the only retailer in town, at least that I've found, who's doing anything for Pancake Day. Even then, it wasn't readily apparent on dedutch.com and I heard about it first by chance on a radio open phones segment.

Pancake Day, aka Pancake Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Mardi Gras and Shrove Tuesday, is a Christian church tradition to clear the pantry of food the day before Ash Wednesday, the first of 40 days of fasting or giving something up that you find tempting, binding or distracting. Pancakes were often what was made to clear up stock of stuff that'd otherwise go bad. In short, though, to me it's totally the annual religiously justified excuse to pig out and party.

So it surprises me that there isn't more going on out there as far as deals and such. Unless I didn't see them. Till I see any better I plan to take my family to enjoy a crazy Dutch pancake or three.

Anyone seeing anything interesting out there for Fat Tues? Please comment!

No comments: